She wants you to text ahead and arrange a visit on her terms at a time that suits her. Child birth and becoming a mum first time, second time, eight time is overwhelming and comes with an enormous feeling of total lack of control. So naturally being in control of when and who she spends her time with is hugely important. For me this time I’m also considering Ned and how much disruption there will be to his little life all of a sudden so that too will play a part in when and who I want calling.
I really appreciate this company the branding and the women behind it. They just appeal to me from start to finish. They didn’t just wake up one morning and decide to go into business, no these sisters have got the experience, knowledge and education to produce an effective and unique product with a touch of class and luxury!
The Stork Box is many things but above all it’s a very helpful tool for supporting women who want children, are having babies and have kids. Basically they got you covered from fertility to bump to bibs!
Now it may seem somewhat ironic or even hypocritical of a so called blogger (I use it loosely) to be annoyed about getting unwanted opinions but in my defense I don’t hound down followers, make them follow me, read my blog and watch my stories. I’m hear if you want to ask or listen but it’s totally your choice.
Where as people not just people some total strangers giving out very personal and definite opinions about my life without me solicitating said opinions in any way is a whole other ball game!!!
Here’s how the week went;
-When are you due? And how old is he?…….Wow your brave!
-Omg look at the state of you, you are huge.
-There was 16 months between my two boys and it was horrific, just to warn you.
-You know there’s actually an awful lot of sugar in fruit (judgey face).
-Wow your huge.
-You are definitely having a very big baby.
-you look great but that baby is going to be massive.
-How old will Ned be when the baby arrives……oh right well done ye I guess, I waited the three years.
And this week’s winner by a mile:
-Ned is going to be totally heartbroken when the baby arrives, just totally heart broken. You should prepare yourself, he might punish you.
So to summaries I’m an obese, uneducated, neglectful mother and I’ve done the one thing every parent strives to prevent, break their sons heart! If someone wants to mention something about where I’m going wrong in my marriage in the following days I think we’ll have pretty much everything covered.
Why do we value our own opinions so highly that we think we must absolutely share them. Why are we so certain our opinions are true and why oh why don’t adults learn to filter or perhaps have an ounce of sensitivity about what they are saying! There’s not one statement up there I don’t fear being true every day, every week, all the bloody time.
All I do, like any mother is try and get things right. Try!! So I’d like to go to the playground or sit in a waiting room or meet friends without being told, hinted or reminded that all my efforts still aren’t getting it all right, the margin of error is still plain for all to see.
Yep, there was tears not blubbering hysterics or anything I’ll save them for when someone important actually gives me an opinion I care about, but there was some sensitive, I’m pregnant and exhausted welling up for sure!
Enjoy Dee x
I choose Niamh to be the Thoughts, Tots and Tea sleep specialist guest blogger because l use her tips Myself with Ned in real life! Furthermore when I went researching Irish sleep experts and spoke to my friends and followers I got really positive feedback from Mums who have used her full consult service to help with their big sleeping problems. Real life success stories is far more important to me than many other accreditations regularly banded about.
- Breastfeed Eating; This is the first change to meal times. It’s unlikely before now you’ve tucked into a toasted sandwich with a baby attached to your nipple before. It’s a whole new dining experience! Al Fresco some might say! You quickly get over crumbs falling on your precious little bundle of perfection.
- Nap Time Eating; Eating breakfast for lunch and lunch for elevenses. It’s all a bit of a jumble but your eating because you can, Eating because it’s quite, Eating because your hands are free!
- The Fear Eating; This is eating because of the fear of not being able to eat. So your not really even sure if your hungry but there’s an opportunity and history has proven that you might not ever get to eat ever again!
- Detox Eating; When you start weaning and theres purees as far as the eye can see. There’s nothing you can’t pulp, there’s no sugar, salt, butter, dairy or anything with taste basically left in the house! The detox phase only last until finger-food starts and then your living in your very own a tapas bar.
- Speed Eating; the baby is now a toddler and eating like the rest of the family. You eat at pace as now all your meals are a free for all, every plate is there plate. Every bite on your plate looks nicer then what’s on their plate. Most importantly they will go after your food like Kim K went after Kanye!
Enjoy Dee xx
We’ve all seen that angelic moment on TV where the 7th heaven family make marks on a wall or door frame documenting their child’s height.
The http://www.thoughtstotsandtea.com Mum’s and I asked Dr. Vicky O’Dwyer of The Stork Box our personal questions on our fertility and she delivered! If any of your questions weren’t included please don’t hesitate to use the amazing resource called Pregnancy unboxed Ask Dr. Vicky available on www.thestorkbox.ie