She wants you to text ahead and arrange a visit on her terms at a time that suits her. Child birth and becoming a mum first time, second time, eight time is overwhelming and comes with an enormous feeling of total lack of control. So naturally being in control of when and who she spends her time with is hugely important. For me this time I’m also considering Ned and how much disruption there will be to his little life all of a sudden so that too will play a part in when and who I want calling.
- Breastfeed Eating; This is the first change to meal times. It’s unlikely before now you’ve tucked into a toasted sandwich with a baby attached to your nipple before. It’s a whole new dining experience! Al Fresco some might say! You quickly get over crumbs falling on your precious little bundle of perfection.
- Nap Time Eating; Eating breakfast for lunch and lunch for elevenses. It’s all a bit of a jumble but your eating because you can, Eating because it’s quite, Eating because your hands are free!
- The Fear Eating; This is eating because of the fear of not being able to eat. So your not really even sure if your hungry but there’s an opportunity and history has proven that you might not ever get to eat ever again!
- Detox Eating; When you start weaning and theres purees as far as the eye can see. There’s nothing you can’t pulp, there’s no sugar, salt, butter, dairy or anything with taste basically left in the house! The detox phase only last until finger-food starts and then your living in your very own a tapas bar.
- Speed Eating; the baby is now a toddler and eating like the rest of the family. You eat at pace as now all your meals are a free for all, every plate is there plate. Every bite on your plate looks nicer then what’s on their plate. Most importantly they will go after your food like Kim K went after Kanye!
Enjoy Dee xx
We’ve all seen that angelic moment on TV where the 7th heaven family make marks on a wall or door frame documenting their child’s height.
Baby number two is on the way! Post Fertility treatment bliss and relief was replaced with extreme nausea and aversions to most food other than toast and general white carbohydrates! So really healthy! It’s weird this time you do everything on your own because someone needs to mind Ned where as last time we were like loves young dream going to every appointment hand in hand.